Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Well there used to be one where Station 101 is now

#82 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

We were in Pittsburgh over the weekend.  GetGo at Harmer was running a special of 10 cents off a gallon.  It was only 2.29 to begin with so I filled up on the way down at 2.19/gallon.  We stopped on the way home since I was down to 3/4 a tank (we did a lot of running around in the city) and filled up again for $7.00.

That was nice.

That Get Go price was so low because they are in a gas price war in Harmar with the new Sheetz just down the road next to McDonalds.  It's a huge new Sheetz with a drive thru on a former car dealership lot.  The gas war there has been on for some time now.   Without the new Sheetz that price wouldn't be so low.

#83 Eastman

Eastman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

I am curious about how many Sheetz there are in DuBois? ...

4. The Bee Line, Brady St, Falls Creek and Blinker Light

1...well zero now until the new one is built. Bee Line, "Falls Creek", and "Blinker" Sheetz' are all in Sandy Township. :P

All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not last forever.

#84 Chili N Corn

Chili N Corn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

1...well zero now until the new one is built. Bee Line, "Falls Creek", and "Blinker" Sheetz' are all in Sandy Township. :P

I may be wrong but I think the Sandy Township line on the Bee Line is right around the area of Perkins restaurant.......

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.........

#85 Lyndsey33

Lyndsey33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Very true. I was just listing what we have nearby.

#86 Eastman

Eastman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,739 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

I may be wrong but I think the Sandy Township line on the Bee Line is right around the area of Perkins restaurant.......

Nope, everything on the north side of 255 from the area of the old Coke Plant heading east is in Sandy Township...Sheetz, Walmart, the new plaza being built there now, etc.

All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not last forever.

#87 mr.d

mr.d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,125 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Was in DuBois this afternoon and Sheetz is nothing but a pile of rubble.

#88 Bon

Bon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,303 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

I thought the city line started right past WM & the bowling alley?

#89 mr.d

mr.d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,125 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

At McCracken Run between Q102 and Bowling Alley sign at creek has Sandy Twp. going toward Walmart and DuBois going towards Sheetz.

• Bon likes this

#90 Chili N Corn

Chili N Corn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

At McCracken Run between Q102 and Bowling Alley sign at creek has Sandy Twp. going toward Walmart and DuBois going towards Sheetz.

I had to go to Lowes for something , so I slowed down and looked .... and you are correct Mr. D the signs are right there by Nickles bakery and Q102 on each side of the road .... for some reason I thought they were out further out towards Perkins .... but I was wrong

Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.........

#91 Cacao

Cacao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

That Get Go price was so low because they are in a gas price war in Harmar with the new Sheetz just down the road next to McDonalds.  It's a huge new Sheetz with a drive thru on a former car dealership lot.  The gas war there has been on for some time now.   Without the new Sheetz that price wouldn't be so low.

I've been away from Western PA for 15 or so years, but when did Harmar lose the "ville"?  Last time I traveled 28, it was called "Harmarville".

#92 mr.d

mr.d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,125 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

I've been away from Western PA for 15 or so years, but when did Harmar lose the "ville"?  Last time I traveled 28, it was called "Harmarville".

As many times as I am down that way did not really notice  Here is what it had on Google Map today -----

Harmar,  Harmar Township, PA 15238

cloudy.png
Cloudy · 44°F
8:53 AM

SAVED

SAVE

SAVING...

REMOVING...
Please sign in to save this place.
Sign in

NEARBY

Send to your phone

Sending...

Unable to send.

Quick facts
Harmarville is an unincorporated community located in Harmar Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.Wikipedia

( When looking on map  has point locations referred to as listed --- UPMC St.Margaret Hamar Outpatient Center;  Harmar Contractors Eguiptment;   Harmar Marine Boat Sales

#93 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

Off the top of my head it was somewhere between 5 to 10 years ago that they dropped the "ville".  Even though I typed Harmar, I still say Harmarville all the time.  Probably always will.

• Bon likes this

#94 Bon

Bon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,303 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Yup, about 5 yrs ago or so.

#95 pwacm

pwacm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

We were in Pittsburgh over the weekend. GetGo at Harmer was running a special of 10 cents off a gallon. It was only 2.29 to begin with so I filled up on the way down at 2.19/gallon. We stopped on the way home since I was down to 3/4 a tank (we did a lot of running around in the city) and filled up again for $7.00.

That was nice.

I believe last night was the end of the .10 off a gallon at the Harmar Get Go/ Giant Eagle Express. Signs inside the store said it ended March 20. I filled up last night. It was nice while it lasted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users