MY LOCAL MENUS COMING ON TUESDAY AUGUST 1ST!

GoDuBois.com
Sign in to follow this  
conservativeman633

FOOTBALL IN DUBOIS

Came across what may have been the very first football game ever played in DuBois.

October 29, 1887  at the fair grounds.    3pm............ The game was between Houtzdale and Beechtree.   Admission was 25 cents, but all ladies could go for free.   It was considered a draw in scoring.

Does anyone know of an earlier game played in DuBois??

Ignatius    4,258

Came across what may have been the very first football game ever played in DuBois.

October 29, 1887  at the fair grounds.    3pm............ The game was between Houtzdale and Beechtree.   Admission was 25 cents, but all ladies could go for free.   It was considered a draw in scoring.

Does anyone know of an earlier game played in DuBois??

Do you have a newspaper clipping or such, that could be scanned & posted? Local history is always fascinating!

<p>Watch out for the wild beasts! 

Do you have a newspaper clipping or such, that could be scanned & posted? Local history is always fascinating!

I was reading the old 1887 Courier at the library recently-----it was a weekly paper.   I will make a point to put a picture of the paper articles on here, when I can get back to it.   I had an extra hour yesterday because sports practices were cancelled,

Those fair grounds & race track we had were pretty special, it seems.....

• Like 1

Ignatius    4,258

I was reading the old 1887 Courier at the library recently-----it was a weekly paper.   I will make a point to put a picture of the paper articles on here, when I can get back to it.   I had an extra hour yesterday because sports practices were cancelled,

Those fair grounds & race track we had were pretty special, it seems.....

For old pictures from across the US, do a web search for "Shorpy", which is an archives of pictures submitted by viewers.  There have been pictures from DuBois on the site that I've never seen elsewhere.

• Like 1

<p>Watch out for the wild beasts! 

BillyC    327

Thanks for posting about 'Shorpy". Once i got on it i did remember someone else on here a while ago was showing some old pictures from the site. I had forgotten all about it.

• Like 1

"" The measure of success is where preparation and opportunity meet ""