35 replies to this topic

#21 Lyndsey33

Lyndsey33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:15 PM

So basically the same things they have been saying since February. I'm not following this but I see it all the time on Facebook.

#22 Sanibel

Sanibel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:05 AM

Does any one know if she gave birth yet? It seems they have been waiting for a month and keep saying "anytime" now.

According to Facebook, April is currently giving birth! Of course, I can't get it to load, so I can't confirm !

#23 fadedgenes

fadedgenes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:15 AM

There are 630,000 people watching, so it might be hard to get on. 

https://www.youtube....-KXZMOoO9Q/live

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.  Amen. 

#24 Lyndsey33

Lyndsey33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

I don't know if giraffes are different than people when giving birth but if not the baby is breach. Sunny 106 has it up and u can watch it just fine from there.

#25 blueangel

blueangel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

Normal presentation for most grazers is front feet, first with the head lying on top of the legs usually near the knee joint. They look like front legs to me. Hind legs would have the bottom of the hooves pointing up. 

#26 Foxfan

Foxfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

I'll give her some privacy.

#27 Lyndsey33

Lyndsey33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

She had the baby. I didn't care to watch but it's all over my facebook newsfeed lol.

#28 Sanibel

Sanibel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

I was able to get on and watched! Baby is standing and nursing.

#29 Bennyboy1

Bennyboy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:23 AM

So boy or girl???

ā€œIf you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.ā€ ā€• Dorothy Parker
" Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't" ------- Margaret Thatcher

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." John. F. Kennedy

#30 sunflake

sunflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

It was a great learning experience, Nature if left alone is awesome..

#31 sapphire

sapphire

If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

So boy or girl???

The gender of the calf has not been made known yet. Animal Adventure Park plans to give an update on that soon.

When someone shows you their true colors, don't try to repaint them.Rainbow_Striped_Spinning_Star_by_zk29_yt

#32 sapphire

sapphire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

april_and_nugget_walking.jpg

April knows but she's not telling either.  ;)

When someone shows you their true colors, don't try to repaint them.Rainbow_Striped_Spinning_Star_by_zk29_yt

#33 sapphire

sapphire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

7136.jpeg

#34 Flies1990

Flies1990

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

Awe so cute

#35 mr.d

mr.d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,109 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

He's how tall? Birth stats out for April the giraffe's calf

by The Associated Press

Sunday, April 16th 2017

026e94b0-0327-409c-804f-e84c3178f900-lar

In this photo provided by Animal Adventure Park in Binghamton, N.Y., a giraffe named April licks her new calf on Saturday, April 15, 2017. Her birth was broadcast to an online audience with more than a million viewers. (Animal Adventure Park via AP)

HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) ā€” April the giraffe's calf is nursing strongly and his mother is recovering "perfectly," said officials with Animal Adventure Park on Sunday after a morning veterinarian check with the newborn.

April gave birth to a healthy male calf Saturday at the privately owned Animal Adventure Park before an online audience of more than a million viewers.

The 15-year-old giraffe delivered her calf shortly before 10 a.m. EDT in an enclosed pen at the zoo in Harpursville, a rural upstate village about 130 miles (209 kilometers) northwest of New York City.

The calf weighs in at 129 pounds (58.5 kilograms) and stands 5 feet 9 inches tall (1.75 meters).

"April has recovered perfectly and is eating everything in sight!" the team posted on its official Facebook page.

Seconds after birth, April tenderly licked her calf, which began to slowly pick his head up from the floor of the pen. About 45 minutes after he was born, he stood on wobbly legs while mom helped keep him steady.

At least 1.2 million people watched the Adventure Park's YouTube streaming of the event. Zoo owner Jordan Patch said both mom and calf were doing fine.

Patch called the birth "unnerving" to watch. "Giraffes give birth standing up, which means when the calf is ready to be born, it exits its mother hooves first from six feet off the floor, making for a very exciting event," he said in a news release.

The newborn is April's fourth calf but Animal Adventure Park's first giraffe calf. Giraffes are pregnant for 15 months on average. The proud papa, a 5-year-old giraffe named Oliver, watched from an adjacent pen. This is his first offspring.

The zoo began livestreaming from April's enclosure in February. People around the world have been tuning in daily, with some growing impatient as the pregnancy seemed to drag on.

A Farmington, New Hampshire, songwriter even posted a music video on YouTube called, "I'm Going Crazy Waiting (For A Giraffe)."

April has her own website and even an apparel line. A GoFundMe fundraiser page that initially set a goal of $50,000 sat at more than $134,000 by Saturday night. The money will be used for the care of the animals.

A contest will be held to decide on a name for the calf.

Animal Adventure park is currently closed to the public and will open in mid-May.

SEE PICTURES AND TWEETS;   http://wjactv.com/ne...e-giraffes-calf

#36 mr.d

mr.d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,109 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

Animal park: Viewers concerned about minor injury, giraffe camera to be pulled

by WRGB STAFF

Tuesday, April 18th 2017

79966231-319b-439f-8858-732107d5e1bc-lar

(Photo: MGNOnline, Animal Adventure Park)

AA

HARPURSVILLE, N.Y: (WRGB) Love for April the Giraffe has not waned since the birth of her calf.

Thousands of comments and emails have flooded the email servers for the Animal Adventure Park, according to a Facebook post.

The comments stem from an apparent injury that had those watching the webcam concerned.

However, in a Facebook post, the park states that they were well aware, before the first email, that April the Giraffe has a small twist on her leg.

The park, in the same post, states that the constant emails are affecting their servers and keeping them from opening the park on time.

LE

Less than 24 hours later, the park reports on another Facebook post that April's stance and walk were "almost perfect again".

According to the Associated Press, YouTube reports that April's livestreams had more than 232 million views.

The calf has yet to be named. You can visit http://www.aprilthegiraffe.com/ to purchase votes to name April's calf.

SEE VIDEO, TWEETS;  http://wjactv.com/ne...ra-to-be-pulled

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users