54 replies to this topic

#41 hipower

hipower

hipower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

In my younger days there were a number of late night-all night eating establishments where we went after the bars closed.  Today, since I'm rarely out that late or maybe even awake that late I couldn't say there are any all night eateries nearby, except the truck stops at Clearfield and Brookville.

Maybe Sheetz fills the bill for the late night munchies.

#42 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

I loved WINKY's as a kid. The Big Wink was the best. And liked when they would make it in front of you.

#43 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

Are you saying Winky's made you happy to be hungry?
I can still hear that jingle in my head.

#44 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

My friends and I would go to GNC and buy .99 cent sunflower seeds then go to Montgomery Wards cafeteria and eat the sunflower seeds, fries and soda while our moms shopped.

#45 lulujo

lulujo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

Clearfield truck stop restaurant serves a really delicious burger.  Everything in town closes too early for the people that are "late nighters".

Denny's in Brookville is also a good place.  20 miles either way you cut it. 

#46 zukafire

zukafire

Ultimate Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

This is where the TL Ski Lodge basically moved to.

I'm going to have to try it out.

I finally got around to trying Station 101 for the first time the other night and it has only been open for what, 2-3 years now?

How kid friendly is the place. Is the bar and dining room separate or is it combined like Doc G.

#47 Jeff

Jeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

There is a wall between the bar area and the dining room area...

REMEMBER BMP SYSTEMS INC FOR ALL YOUR COMPUTER REPAIR NEEDS AND ALL OF YOUR OFFICE EQUIPMENT SALES, SERVICE, AND SUPPLIES!!!!

CALL ME AT 814-371-3881

#48 Ignatius

Ignatius

Very confused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,317 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

Has a good feel to it. As Jeff mentioned, the bar area is physically separated from the dining area. The dining area is set up as a restaurant and not as an overflow area for bar patrons to migrate to.

I would not hesitate to take kids there.

I also went for the first time to Station 101, several weeks ago, and it, too, is a very clean, decent place. Food (salad with salmon on it), was excellent.

Watch out for the wild beasts! 

#49 steelnut

steelnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

I loved WINKY's as a  kid. The Big Wink was the best. And liked when they would make it in front of you.

I worked there when I was 14 until 16, it was a great place. But, when McD's moved in right next door, it was the beginning of the end even though Winky's had such a larger menu. They even opened at 7am every day with home made donuts.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

#50 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

My friends and I would go to GNC and buy .99 cent sunflower seeds then go to Montgomery Wards cafeteria and eat the sunflower seeds, fries and soda while our moms shopped.

I remember the Murphy's Mart cafeteria, but I can't place a Ward's cafeteria. Where was it exactly?

#51 steelnut

steelnut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

I remember the Murphy's Mart cafeteria, but I can't place a Ward's cafeteria. Where was it exactly?

If you can remember how Montgomery Wards was laid out it was in the front on the right hand side. I remember having lunch there many times and sitting in booths by the windows and seeing the parking lot.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

#52 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

#53 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:14 PM

Adjacent to the ladies restroom, where by the way one used to have to pay a dime to use. Once upon a time.

#54 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

I worked there when I was 14 until 16, it was a great place. But, when McD's moved in right next door, it was the beginning of the end even though Winky's had such a larger menu. They even opened at 7am every day with home made donuts.

#55 pineappleology

pineappleology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

What were those fried things that were so good? They were served in a cardboard carton. They sat under the heat lamp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users